Monday, May 09, 2005
 


i just woke up and realized that life began on wednesday and ended today. damn.

my aunt from germany flew in for the weekend since i could no longer fly over to see her in hamburg (damn those call center people for the german embassy who couldn't get shit straight). the first three days came as a breeze. i was starting to feel like a ditz by friday afternoon as i was out of the house by 9am, trying to conquer as many stores as possible (thank god for birkentsocks!) i asked my aunt to shoot me if i came home with another bag in my hands. i should be dead by now if my aunt hadn't given me the reprieve so we could enjoy the weekend. as saturday rolled by, we were on the road to wisconsin at 8am, to (yet again) wage war against the outlet stores in pleasant prairie. we stopped for lunch at gurnee mills but that wasn't it. we were at it again, shopping, raking each and every store in gurnee. im beginning to feel that i'm turning into a typical teenage american girl.

saturday night was spent bonding with my two favorite family members in the entire world. they neither comment nor condemn anything i say. i felt at peace coz i don't have to hide beneath the impressions and expectations of people. i could be who i am around them. the bonding session continued on to the dancefloor as we went drinking and dancing all night! the dancefloor seemed to have that big welcome sign, saying fuck it (inspired by eamon's wonderful song with the same title).

and that's exactly what i've learned from my aunt and uncle. that's what i'm learning here in the windy city: FUCK IT. fuck what people say or think. i'd do what i know is right for me, and not for the world that is watching. fuck all those babayagas. russian folklores have no place in my life. fuck all the heartbreaks. the one will always find his way to you. fuck it. just fuck it. coz starting today, i'm living the life i like.
 
I will fight back, you know. And then, I'll make your life hell.